About the Company
Allygroup is a specialist legal management consultancy firm which, amongst other services, provides contract/secondee lawyers and paralegals to in-house legal departments, government, corporates and SME’s.
This particular federal government department collects, stores and uses a variety of customer and corporate information. Information can be released under privacy and/or public interest disclosure legislation and guidelines.
Paralegals provide assistance and support the department's processes for the release of information (other than under Freedom of Information legislation) and provide advice to business areas in line with relevant legislation and guidelines.
We are looking at candidates to fill roles in Canberra, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Newcastle.
Duties may include some or all of the following:
• Assisting the section in registering information requests for protected and personal information from external parties within specific timeframes
• Identify and extract relevant reports and information from various databases
• Under supervision, analyse and apply relevant legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures relation to the release of information held by this government agency
• Prepare and submit correspondence relating to the release of information to senior staff for review and approval
• Exercise delegations appropriate to role in accordance with legislation and guidelines
• Provide advice to staff and stakeholders on routine matters
• Build rapport and maintain stakeholder relationships to share and obtain information
• Respond to routine and non-routine information requests
• Resolve routine and non-routine issues, refer to stakeholders to appropriate business area and/or escalate to senior staff
• Participate in quality assurance activities and check adherence with relevant procedures and legislation
• File records in accordance with information management processes and security requirements.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to:
• manage time and plan own workload
• work to tight deadlines under pressure
• build relationships and engage with diverse groups of people
• produce concise reports
• communicate confidently in a clear and concise manner; and
• apply accuracy and attention to detail
• apply established criteria, exercise sound judgement and analytical skills to make decisions within defined parameters.
What you need to do now
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Click Apply Now or contact Sally Webber at email@example.com.
If you are interested in this role, click “apply now “to forward an up-to date copy of your resume.
(Please note that while all applications will be closely reviewed, we will only be contacting candidates proceeding to interview).
About the Company